1. Take a breath! It’s going to be ok!
2. Save some stress and get dressed at home. We would suggest putting skates, helmet and gloves on at the arena.
3. Please put your child’s name on their helmet
so we can get to know them.
4. Watch this video
about how to get dressed for the first time.
5. Don’t worry if your child falls down – that’s what equipment is for!
6. Don’t worry if they lay on the ice – snow angels are cool!
7. If they don’t last the full hour the first few times, it’s not a big deal. The goal should be to leave the arena with a smile and wanting to come back.
8. Coaching kids is not rocket science. It involves a bit of planning, having fun and encouraging movement on the ice. Everything else falls into place later. We will be looking for parents to help in a variety of roles.
9. Don’t be afraid to ask questions! People are more than willing to help!
10.Enjoy yourself. Take some pictures. This is an important first step for your child!