The South-Kent Lightning Peewee LL2 team has united as a team and are determined to give back to their community. The Lightning players and coaches from the Blenheim/Ridgetown area have applied to participate in the 2018/19 Good Deeds Cup competition.
This competition partnered by Chevrolet and the National Hockey League, recognizes teams that participate in doing “Good Deeds” to help their community.
The team has decided that they are going to participate in the following community events:
- Raking leaves for the elderly
- Shovelling snow for disabled
- Collecting food and donations with Salvation Army
- Packing toys, food and clothing for Ministerial Society Christmas Hamper Program
- Collect cans at “Hometown Hockey Day” in Chatham
- Volunteer at Ridgetown and Blenheim Christmas parade collections
- Team members have signed up for Salvation Army kettle shifts throughout November & December
- Craft and mingle with members of the Blenheim Senior Centre
For anyone who can help out by giving a donation at the kettles, food item, clothing or toys, here is a list of drop off locations in the area:
Blenheim – Christmas parade collection on Dec 7, Salvation Army Kettles at Sobeys & Food Basics, toy and food drop off at Blenheim Chevrolet dealer
Ridgetown – Christmas parade collection on Dec 8, Salvation Army Kettles at Foodland, toys and food at Ridgetown arena.
Chatham – Collection at “Hometown Hockey” event at Memorial arena on Dec 15.